Mr. L –
If the internet still exists when you’re older, here’s a series of posts you can read to get to know me better.
Tonight’s challenge – 20 Random Facts About Me
The problem is not coming up with 20 random facts – the problem is coming up with 20 random facts I want you to read about. This little challenge may be harder than I initially expected.
Here we go.
1. My middle name is Danielle – it came from your paternal great-grandfather Dan. That’s also where your uncle Daniel got his name.
2. I have lived in 7 places – the house I came home from the hospital to (CR21 in Goshen), the house I grew up in (HomeAcres), college dorm in Evansville, apartment with Aunt Kristy and then Aunt Cori, apartment in Jimtown, loft in Goshen, and now our house.
3. I love to collect nutcrackers – you’ll probably know this by the time you read this.
4. I know nothing about gardening, although I hope to know lots by the time you read this. I’m growing my first garden this summer.
5. I was always allergic to cats growing up, then when I moved out on my own I got three of them. I got over my allergy to cats, but now I am allergic to dogs.
6. In high school and college I refused to wear the colors red, orange, and pink because I thought they clashed with my hair color. Now I wear all colors, even together.
7. My first car was a green Dodge Intrepid. Then a green Pontiac Bonneville. Then a dark blue Hyundai Sonata.
8. I love food shows. Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives is one of my favorites.
9. Mimi and Papa used to take us to Mackinaw every year when I was young. I loved it and it’s one of my favorite memories as a child.
10. I collect vintage Pyrex. I hope to have every pattern by the time you read this.
11. One of my favorite things to do is to nap with you on weekends. I try not to do it unless I have to, but it’s one of the most comfortable things ever!
12. I started working when I was 16, at a retail store called Alco.
13. My best friends were all in the room when you were born. It was a full house in there.
14. My favorite color is green.
15. I have a problem with indecisiveness. I can’t pick a restaurant, a pair of shoes, and it takes me weeks to select paint colors.
16. I am very stubborn. I like things my way and on my time schedule. I see this feature in you as well.
17. I used to do cheerleading and I used to play volleyball. If I could go back, I would have joined swimming.
18. I love to watch crime movies, or courtroom dramas.
19. I love all types of music. From bluegrass to pop to rap to oldies – I love it all, except the screaming music.
20. I love to try new types of food. I want to travel the world, trying all kinds of foods!